Skip to main content

TRESPASS (Part Two)

Just like in the other hangouts Dona began this one with his rehearsed lines asking me to give him a chance and like the other times too I said he should still give me some time. Dona was a big talker. He talked to me virtually about every aspect of his life from his family to work to his days in school.

After what seemed like a short time, I checked my phone and it was 2:30pm. "What?" I screamed as I sprung up to my feet "I have to leave now". Dona also glanced at his wrist watch and was surprised at how fast the time had sped. We hurriedly got out of the hotel to the road side where I got a keke (tricycle) to take me to the place where I'd board a  bus going to Onitsha. My heart was beating fast now in the keke. My mind was everywhere at the same time. It was almost 3pm and I was still in Awka. How did it happen? I began to feel hot. I didn't know where the heat was coming from. How did time fly so fast?

Going back home now was definetly not an option. What If my parents were already home. What would I say? My phone began to ring. It was my Dad. I didn't know if I should pick. I kept staring at it till it ended. Panic was gradually enveloping me now. We finally got to another roadside where I would board a bus going to Onitsha and I alighted the keke. Dona had already paid for the fare. I joined the rest of the people standing by the shoulder of the road waiting for a bus going towards their destination to come by. No bus seemed to be going to Onitsha all the ones that have passed were all going somewhere else. My time now says 3pm and my head begin to spin. Then I heard that sound. What I that? My breath cut and I looked up I saw the white clouds giving way to darkness. Oh my God! Rain!

Did you miss part one? It's just here
http://sussanopata.blogspot.com.ng/2018/03/trespass-part-one.html?m=1

See you in part three

We will also be happy if you gave us feedback. Are you enjoying the story? What you think about it? Just comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IT TAKES (The premiere episode)

Helen was at the back of her house tending in a little garden she had made and tending her pumpkin seedlings as has become her morning and evening routine. For a retiree like her, hobbies like this is one of what keeps one going. The evening was chill and the neighborhood was rather quiet. Helen thought it could be that most people aren't back from their day's activities yet. They lived in a neighborhood where you mind your business and face your gate. The only sounds you hear from around were the sounds of car horns when they got back from work in the evenings and when they left in the mornings. Helen heard the door of the refrigerator in the kitchen slammed. Sophie must have woken up she thought. "Mummy good evening " the voice was not Sophie's but that of her elder daughter Evie. "Oh... i thought it was your sister" she rubbed her forehead with the back of her hand "you're early today" Evie stood by the door that led to the b

Violence in ile Ife again

Violence in ile Ife agaim Apr 1, 20  This is happening only a few weeks after the initial clash between the yorubas and the fulanis in the ile-ife community. The report has it that  the clash broke out on Friday, March 31 in Ife North Local Government Area of Osun. No fewer than ten people were injured in the fresh violence. The fresh clash was said to be between the people of Ipetumodu and Asipa communities in Ife North Local Government Area of the state. The clash reportedly started on Wednesday evening shortly after an alleged misunderstanding that broke out after an inter house sports football competition in the Community High School Ipetumodu, not far away from Asipa. Youths from both communities were allegedly involved in the fight. Some unidentified youths were said to have taken advantage of the face-off between the students and set ablaze the popular Akinola Market in Asipa a development that escalated the crisis between the two communities. Gunshots were

Tony Anenih looses son as son slumps

Eugene , a son of a former Peoples Democratic Party Board of Trustees Chairman , Chief Tony Anenih , has been reported dead . It was gathered that Eugene slumped and died while playing lawn tennis on Sunday in a Lagos club. Medical sources linked his death to heart attack . The death of Anenih’ s son came less than a month after the deceased ’ s mother died in April. Efforts to reach him for comments at about 8 . 45 pm on Sunday were unsuccessful. But a source close to the family confirmed the incident . The source , however , declined to give details about the circumstances surrounding Eugene ’ s death . When contacted , the Edo State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party , Chief Dan Orbih, who also confirmed the development , noted that the party would make an official statement soon. “ The thing ( incident ) just happened . We will be making a statement , maybe, tomorrow , ” Orbih added . The deceased was , until his death , the Managing Director /Chief Executive Officer

NEWS FLASH:Osinbajo arrives Katsina

Acting President Professor Yemi Osinbajo has arrived Katsina to attend the launching of the pilot edition of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises MSME clinic holding in the state. Osinbajo arrived on Thursday at the Umaru Musa Yaradua International airport at about 11.15 am and was received by Governor Aminu Masari, Emir of Daura Umar Faruk, DG SMEDAN Dikko Radda and other top government dignataries. After, salutations, Osinbajo and his entourage proceeded to the emir of Katsina's palace at Kofar Soro for royal homage. Details later.... Culled from Daily Trust

SAD: SEE HOW BOY SUFFERED RABIES

This young man was bite by a rabies infected dog and although sufficiently medically attended to, died ten days after the bite. From the video we can see the boy bark and make sounds like a dog. The disease called rabies is deadlier than we mostly know of as there's just been one ever survivor of rabies in the whole world. This blog will bring up a follow up post to this on rabies just shortly...  You will be glad you read it through.